Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Frustration and Elation

Its a been a long, run-free week.  Not running has sucked.  But I was a bit sick and thought that I should let myself heal before I stressed by body too much.  I reasoned that a week of not running, was better than prolonged illness which would have a much longer term effect on my training and fitness.

However, all is well again, and I am elated to go for my first run in over seven days today.  The weather is cool and has been raining, so it will be be fun to hit the trails in some mud, and feel the enjoyment (and endorphin release) of running again.

LATER...

Ahhh, such a good run.  I inadvertently left my ipod at home, so ran without music, and it was nice to be able to focus on my breathing, and just listen to the sound of the bush and my feet on the trail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment