Friday, October 12, 2012

Introductions

About two weeks ago I decided that I was going to run the Routeburn Classic in 2013.  Running endurance events has been on my bucket list for years, something I thought that I would do "one day".  Time to start.  I currently run about 40kms a week, and can do about 20km in a single run if I really go for it. 

I have read heaps about the Routeburn Classic, its a challenging (grueling) 32km endurance race up and over the Routeburn track.  I have walked the track three times, and am under no illusions of how much training and stamina will be required.  My goal is to complete the event.  My training beings now.  I am keying this blog as a scrap book of my journey to this event.  Maybe someone in the deep realms of cyber space will read it, maybe they wont.  Either way, completing this event is all about achieving something awesome for me.

I hope to share my training experiences, my discoveries and my goals.  I cant offer advice, cos Ive never done anything like this before, but I will share my honest opinions of my journey Chasing The Classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment